In light of recent policy changes in the construction industry building facades constructed from aluminum composite panels (ACPs) may present a risk in the case of fire. The ACPs on many existing buildings are unlikely to be judged “non-combustible” under Australian Standard 1530.1. However, this is not to say buildings are not compliant with Building Code of Australia (BCA) as this will depend on certification of the ACP material, or the degree of fire retardant in the ACP core and other fire engineering factors in the building’s design and operation. If the building has an ACP this is assess by the engineers to determine the extent of the combustible cladding under the new legislation.
As we are a diversified building contractor with a “Builders – Open” license (# “14011”) we are more than capable of delivering on any size of recladding project. Any of our respected and noted clientele can lay testament to our endeavours to provide a quality product on time and within budget to their complete satisfaction.
A Dart & Co can offer:
- Building Cladding Appraisal
- Cladding Remediation Management
- Engineered Solutions
- Architectural Drawings
- Fire Engineers Report
- Section J Compliance Report
- 100% guarantee on workmanship
- In-house design assistance
- Free estimating and budgetary assistance
- Highly respected and skilled management team
- Full “turnkey” operation where personnel work with management of design, council applications and supply and installation of equipment.
We offer these services to a wide range of clientele from private building owner, building managers, asset management companies, governing bodies, corporations and brokers.